Thursday 12 July 2012

Someone put a whole planet outside my coop...

Hi there, me again little Peep.
Well I never did.! You just wont guess what happened to me this morning. No see told you, you had no chance. Well first thing this morning it was like a proper summers day according to my dad, Horacio. I don't call him Dr Horacio that's just for his passport and stuff.  Anyway he says "Look at that Peep, it's what the Snamuhs call the Sun". Well is was big, round, bright and yellowy orange and it just filled most of the sky we can see from the coop door.  But better than that, not only did I see the sun and feel its warm rays on my lovely new feathers, but I went out for a little family perambulate, that's a walk to you if your not clever like me, and I'm only 12 days old.
So we left the coop door, me, Mum Midnight, my other Mum Lady and Dad.  







We had a little walk together along the path next to the radishes, rocket and beets.  Then we went right down the end by the sweetcorn and turned round and came back a little bit. 

But Mum was hungry for some of the grass so she decided we had to get down off the path to reach it.  She told me it would be OK.
It looked a bit of a long way down to me...


Anyway I watched Mum do it first and then I just closed my eyes and jumped...I dangled my little short Japanese Bantam legs in the air until Plop...they landed on the cold tickly grass.






It was good fun running around down there.  Some of the grass is quite long and it proper tickles your belly if it gets in between your fluffy bits.










After a little while Mum said it was time to get back inside the coop in case one of the big cats came by.  Now this was a real worry for me.  It was a long way down from that path, but it was surely a bloody long way back up and my little legs jump Ok at the moment but that is just asking too much.  How was I going to get back up?  What would I do if Mum, Mum and Dad all jumped up and left me here?

I shouted to mum and said there was no way I could make it.
But she said "It's OK, just hop on my back and I'll get you up there." It was the best moment of my 12 day life so far and as soon as we got back in the coop I snuggled under Mum's belly and fell fast asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment