Wednesday 4 July 2012

Peep's exciting adventure ...

Wow that was a mad half hour.  You guys can barely have read my chilled out little post of this morning and I have already been involved in an adventure that nearly called for all the emergency services.  There I was having a quiet little 40 winks moment just under Mum's left wing when for reasons best known only to her she suddenly leapt up and started scratching at the floor, pecking at the bedding, shaking all her feathers at once and chasing round in circles.  Dad and my other Mum were there too and they looked well shocked so it can't be normal chicken behaviour.  I didn't know what else to do but to follow her out of the only place I have ever called home, our little nest box onto a huge cold hard tray in the next bit of this city they call The Coop.  Next thing she ran down the slope out of the coop and outside where its not just really bright but a bit chilly and it smells a bit weird too.  Well by now I was proper frightened and Dad was none to happy with all the comotion during his mid afternoon nap.  Next thing he went off down the slope too and so did my other Mum Lady.  Oh I just didnt know what to do, I was all alone in this huge room...so I did what I do best and grabbed a lung full of air and went for a full on "Peep, Peep, PEEP!!" as loud as I could.  

Now I might only be 3 days old but I managed to alert one of the Snamuhs and she called the other one, the blonder one and they both appeared with the big plastic fish eye thing and while one of them took stock of the situation, the other one kept pointing the fish eye thing at me and sometimes it even flashed a sudden bright light in my eye.  But even that was better because it took my mind off of where my Mum had run off to.  I had a look down the slope but didn't think I was old enough yet to take that on so I stayed on the tray.


Well it turned out Mum had gone a bit bonkers and needed a dust bath really really badly.  Must be all that sitting on eggs that has finally gone to her head.  So she ran off to the bushes and rolled and rolled and rolled in the dusty earth until she had sorted herself out.  I was quite scared by then so one of the Snamuhs picked me up and calmed me down with some lovely little tickles on my chest and behind my ears.  Mum soon came back and now I feel quite brave indeed for 3 days old.  But I am even more happy to snuggle back under her soft feathers and I am soooo tired from all that excitement that i think I will have a little nap now.
Night night, see you all tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment