Thursday 5 July 2012

Peep get's brave on day 4...

Happy birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy four days birthday to me... Oh OK I heard you sing this every time someone has a birthday, well I'm four days old today and learning fast so please feel free to send presents to my coop.
I haven't been sitting around all day either you know.  The Snamuhs came and topped up the crumb and water in the nest box this morning and I heard them saying something about having to go out to do something exciting in a town by the river.  Well I hope they dont come back with any of those duck things I have heard about, they sound really mucky paddling around in the wet and the mud, Yuk.!  Well off they went full of the joys of adventure and little did they know but as soon as the coast was clear Mum was off down the slope into the main part of our coop.  I jumped up and went with her and wobbled a bit on the slope but I managed to get down it without falling at all.  See I am a seriously grown up little chick now.


But this adventure is really cool.  There are loads of new smells, sights and sounds.  I can hear some other chickens, they sound quite loud and nearby and one of them sang a really funny cluckety cluck song this morning, Mum said she was telling all the chickens in the street she had laid an egg.  Well talk about big headed.!
Also I saw two stripy cats go past the coop earlier, they seem Ok and friendly but I am seriously not sure about them yet.  There is this wood chip stuff all over the floor which tickles my feet when I walk and dotted around there are little lumps of smelly poo which Dad and my other Mum have left behind them...I am quickly learning these are really sticky if you get them between your toes so I dodge them if I can.


Well next thing the Snamuhs were back from the river, pleased to say no ducks in tow, they gave us a lovely big shallow tray of chick crumb, it's well tasty stuff and another shallow tray of water, which I can stand up in and wont need any swimming lessons if I slip over cos it's really shallow.
My favourite bit so far though is that when I get a bit tired or overwhelmed by stuff I can just bury myself back under Mum's feathers and have a power nap...If I'm really good Mum says she might even take me for a walk in the garden later...oh fingers crossed those cats are sleeping when that happens.!



No comments:

Post a Comment